View Single Post
Old 25-09-2009, 00:23   #285
Eric
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Indeed you are, Eric; however, had it not been for us Brits you would now be no more than a "Department de France", or even worse, the 51st State of the Union. This month is, as you know, the 250th anniversary of the Battle of the Plains of Abraham. I trust you have been reminding your Froggie neighbours of that fact and of who was the victor.
They did have some sort of ceremony in Quebec City .... it went over like a fart in a space suit. Because a lot of folks are ignorant about Canada, they think that we are sitting around with our thumbs up our asses waiting for the Americans to invite us to become the fifty first state No way. In fact, we have more in common with you guys than we do with the yanks. All new Canadians, for example, must swear an oath of allegiance to the Queen ... the only ones who seem to object to this are .... well, have a guess. But if we can make a country out of two founding nations, almost 700 First Nations, people from every corner of the world, of every race, religion, political persuasion, fishermen from Newfoundland, wheat farmers from Saskatchewan, and wierdos from British California, etc., etc., surely you guys can do it. All that new Britons need to do is fit in and contribute, in order to make a stronger Britain. I think that's why discussions like this bug me ... the answer is so simple (well in theory anyhow) ... a real no-brainer. The UK is a great country with lots to offer; but if you bend over forwards to over-accomodate immigrants, guess what will happen .....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote