View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 20:01   #76
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Potential Labour Candidate for Hyndburn

Graham, I was not getting at the local Labour Party....to me, Local Politics and National Politics are very different........I was referring to the promises made by the Labour party in the run up to the last election.......Crime may be down, but there are times when the streets after dark feel scary........and I do not trust the spin and statistics of any political party.

A lot of the apathy in politics, is that people feel that it doesn't really matter who they vote for, it will still not make a difference....it will be more of the same old same old......because the promises made when a party wants to be in power fail to bear any fruit.

I also think that there needs to be more education on politics.......I never had any education on politics....what I have learned has been by what I have observed and what I have read....but maybe people do not feel 'qualified' to vote....
It is very hard to trust National politicians with all that has been going on recently. It feels like most of the politicians are in it to screw the electorate.

In the past, people went into politics with the aim of making a difference to the lives of ordinary people....now it seems like they go into it to make sure they have a nice fat nest egg, a comfortable living and a fat pension.

Who? which party is going to dispel these feelings?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web