View Single Post
Old 14-10-2009, 23:25   #130
DevonStanley
Junior Member+

Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I was interested in buying real shares but not these mickey mouse ones.
This so-called share issue is completely bonkers. A share of what? It appears to me that what the club is doing is selling a piece of paper, 10 tickets and a shirt for £250. All this to bail out the current incumbents? It appears to me they are trying to save their own necks, not the club.

As soon as supporters can get together and form a supporters trust with the aim of taking proper control of the club from those who are running it now the better.

That might happen if the club were to go into administration. It won't happen if those running the club now are bailed out be well-meaning supporters.

You who live in the Accrington area should contact Supporters Direct and get some proper advice. Supporters Direct is recognised by the Government and the FA... it's not a mickey mouse organisation. Also, you might like to contact David (?) Conn at The Independent, he's long been running articles about struggling football clubs and how their supporters are frequently hoodwinked by the clubs' directors. David Conn, I believe, lives in the Manchester area and if you are serious would quite likely come to talk to you - as would Supporters Direct.

Go for it if you want the club to survive. It's not too late, believe me. Exeter City was saved very much at the brink by its Supporters' Trust and received a lot of goodwill and help to achieve that.

Last edited by DevonStanley; 14-10-2009 at 23:33.
DevonStanley is offline   Reply With Quote