View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 09:25   #156
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Campaign To Keep The Arndale Clock

Hi y'all. Strewth, nothing happens for weeks and then you go away for a couple of days and you miss all the fun!

I read the article on the front page of the Observer with great relish this morning. But, as others have already pointed out there is no official statement from HBC. No change there then and no surprise either. Still, I think an huge vote of thanks is due to Kipax and Atarah and Roy for the input that got us this far. Onward and upwards chaps!

It does not surprise me either to discover that the estimable Mr Rix is the tardy council official with the snotty secretary who thinks that she is far too grand to concern herself with the hoi-polloi. Methinks it is high time we all got writing! Don't bother with emails, they will be ignored. Letters on paper are harder to disregard.

Has anyone taken the time to read the brief article in the Observer at the bottom of page 11 titled 'Golden Handshake Cap Plan Scrapped' ? I have, and now I know where most of the Council's money is going.

For those of you who do not have access to the Observer, I will post what it says in a new thread.