View Single Post
Old 27-10-2009, 18:12   #46
Eric
God Member

Re: Voting for Christian in Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ross View Post
Hello egg&chips,
Of course and well done for thinking on what I said before opening your mouth.
I would say this ( your mention of laws such as do not kill) shows the PROPER application of God's Laws brings blessings not curses.
I admit religious leaders can get things wrong that's why we need righteous laws to guide us. As a christian I know it provides a starting place or point to produce a better society.
Unfortunately no-one has yet come up with a way of creating a better society without laws or government. If you anyone can - then that would be news!
Yours sincerely,
Alex
"No-one has yet to come up etc. ..... " Of course they have ... if you take your head out of your bible for a while and do a little reading you will find this ...

"The liberty of man consists solely in this: that he obeys natural laws because he has himself recognized them as such, and not because they have been externally imposed upon him by any extrinsic will whatever, divine or human, collective or individual" Mikhail Bakunin.

And from the same source: "People go to church for the same reasons they go to a tavern: to stupify themselves, to forget their misery, to imagine themselves, for a few minutes anyway, free and happy."

Maybe you should read more.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web