View Single Post
Old 28-10-2009, 20:46   #106
Darwenred1968

Re: Court case for Accrington Stanley

The deadline for the £308,000 unpaid tax bill to HM Revenue and Customs was originally today/wed but after declaring a significant shortfall, the League Two club were granted an additional seven days by the High Court.

Mr Registrar Simmonds allowed the extension but warned there would be no more leeway for Stanley.
"Having regard to the number of adjournments I will give you seven days, that is November 4, and mark it absolutely final. The petition debt must be paid in full," Simmonds told the court.

Stanley claimed on Tuesday that £200,000 of the debt had been repaid but the club's lawyer indicated just £96,000 had been sent to HMRC.

With the directors pledging to put in £100,000 towards the debt, Khan has offered to service the remaining amount but wants the club to become transparent and allow him to help.

"I am very grateful the judge adopted a lenient attitude with regards to the case but I am also shocked at the amount on top of what we already know about that remains outstanding," he told Press Association Sport.

Khan was not invited to the court as part of Accrington's official party but turned up of his own accord.
From The Daily Telegraph.co.uk!!

Last edited by Darwenred1968; 28-10-2009 at 20:48.
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web