View Single Post
Old 28-10-2009, 20:54   #109
Phil Whalley

Re: Court case for Accrington Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I'm still trying to sort all this out, Valairian. Where is this £100k coming from?

Is it from the directors?

Or is it the £100k from the PFA? Is this money from the PFA a gift or a loan?

I recall it being said that we already owe money to the PFA. Is this correct?
Rev - I would concur with Tealeaf and Whalley Red. My understanding is that the 100k is a renewed loan from the PFA, renewed because the money owed to the PFA from the earlier arrangement that you attest to was settled using the installment of Football League money that Stanley have just received. Unfortunately, this loan had not been fully processed by 10.30, so the only cash that the barrister could actually point to as a means of defending the club was the 96k paid from the SOS fund. Whether the 100k was received by HMRC by 5pm today will presumably emerge in due course.

This is what I gathered from being there this morning, and would happily be corrected if any of this is inaccurate. The eye-opener for me was the additional 125k of debt that has seemingly been accrued since. Ilyas told me he was still convinced that, run carefully, prudently and professionally, Stanley could survive and prosper as a Football League club. However, we are clearly a long way from that state of affairs.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote