View Single Post
Old 30-10-2009, 14:18   #64
Alex Ross
Junior Member+

Voting for Christians in Politics > Reply to Eric

Hello Eric,
It seems unlikely I am going to be able to answer everyone but I will consider what you are all posting and come back to you all.

Do you think "natural laws" are good enough?
Isn't the case that people rape, plunder, and pillage naturally?
Our natural disposition is to sin for all have fallen short of the glory of God.
What is natural for you need not fbe natural for anyone else either. This need not be a bad thing. Being a stamp collector (for instance) is far from my ideal of what comes naturally but please don't denounce me for stampism.

I accept that you have got your own position which you are standing up for. I can respect you for that even if I disagree with you.

What I would prefer though is to establish a position so that we can agree and see Hyndburn raised up: "can two walk together unless they are first agreed?"

I have never said I was looking for a quarrel. So I think most people have wrongly taken the huff.
You are also correct in your throw away line too. Read Ecclesiastes about reading too many books! What we read is important but not how much!

You have made your point politely and in a civilised manner. Thanks.

Yours sincerely,
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
"No-one has yet to come up etc. ..... " Of course they have ... if you take your head out of your bible for a while and do a little reading you will find this ...

"The liberty of man consists solely in this: that he obeys natural laws because he has himself recognized them as such, and not because they have been externally imposed upon him by any extrinsic will whatever, divine or human, collective or individual" Mikhail Bakunin.

And from the same source: "People go to church for the same reasons they go to a tavern: to stupify themselves, to forget their misery, to imagine themselves, for a few minutes anyway, free and happy."

Maybe you should read more.
Alex Ross is offline   Reply With Quote