View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 05:12   #469
steeljack
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Seems to me most of the "refugees" are mostly young guys of military service age , so why are they not enroling into "overseas militias" much like the Poles/French/Dutch and others did in 39. Then after basic training they can go back and support the coalition forces. I'm sure the US/British military would be more than happy to supply training personnel . I'm sure after all these wasted years we have enough Phasto/Dari speakers amongst our veterans who would be glad of the chance to train these guys .
Probably the only objections would come from the corrupt Govt. in Kabul , would they really want indigenous 'western' trained troops keeping an eye on things .
In light of recent events, the post I wrote (above) was wrong , seems the guy responsible had been a member of the Afghani police for some time and had spent a considerable time serving with the British forces all the time being a member of the taliban , now the question is how many other taliban are working alongside coalition troops and how can coalition troops be expected to work in an atmosphere where they don't know who is a friend or foe . Seems to me its time to pull out and glass the place over and turn it into one giant solar panel
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote