Thread: The Noughties.
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 22:48   #11
shakermaker
God Member

Re: The Noughties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Historically I think this time will be remembered for terrorism, the war in Iraq/Afghanistan, expense scandals, people's growing dependency on the internet, and the still growing interest in so called celebrities.
Agreed. This decade will also get the blame for teenage pregnancies rocketing, I suspect. Also, is it only me thinking that the obsession with what we eat has become much more prevalent in this decade? This paranoia of all things preserved; a need to know of what makes up every particle that passes through our lips! We're living longer than we've ever done, and there's a desperate scramble to keep it that way. There's both positive and negative sides to this situation but it bloody annoys me.

I was 11 when we rang in the millennium, and will be 22 when we welcome the tens (tens? that doesn't sound right). All the usual adolescent nonsense packed in the middle, so shan't bore. But I will comment that my coming of age seemed to take place in a truly uninspiring time in terms of art and music compared to that of most of you lot.

Last edited by shakermaker; 05-11-2009 at 22:50.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote