Thread: The Noughties.
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 22:24   #12
Eric
God Member

Re: The Noughties.

[quote=shakermaker;760870]Agreed. This decade will also get the blame for teenage pregnancies rocketing, I suspect. Also, is it only me thinking that the obsession with what we eat has become much more prevalent in this decade? This paranoia of all things preserved; a need to know of what makes up every particle that passes through our lips! We're living longer than we've ever done, and there's a desperate scramble to keep it that way. There's both positive and negative sides to this situation but it bloody annoys me.

I was 11 when we rang in the millennium, and will be 22 when we welcome the tens (tens? that doesn't sound right). All the usual adolescent nonsense packed in the middle, so shan't bore. But I will comment that my coming of age seemed to take place in a truly uninspiring time in terms of art and music compared to that of most of you lot.[/quote

I was eleven when we "rang in" the Space Age with Sputnik .... all the promises of my coming of age proved empty ... I don't really care about the tens ... we could call it the "teens" ... I won't be alive for the "twenties" ... I don't wish to sound negative, but I think the best thing about being my age is that I won't be around when the faeces hits the swiftly rotating object in a big way. What a god awful legacy we are leaving ....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote