View Single Post
Old 30-12-2009, 19:19   #6
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: January 2010 Transfer Window!!

Murphy and King and both out of contract as of friday morning. I wouldn't bother signing either of them if they aren't going to play or push harder for a team berth. With all the extra games we played through October if they were ever going to feature then they would have done more so then. Murphy maybe as cover and I would imagine he is cheap, but King isn't going to get a look in so it's time to release and free up an extra space.

Kee - keep him - but he has to play more often. We lose some of Bobby Gee's play when he shifts out to the left wing but at least we then have some natural balance rather than putting Proctor out there.

Mullin and Richardson - both have plenty to offer when fit. But with a really limited squad we can't afford to carry them. Both need persuading to move on unfortunately.

As far as signings go I wouldn't have a clue! The right back who was training with us (Ross Lloyd) must be signed if there is something about him, as Tom Lees could be called back to Leeds. And I liked the look of Melo who played the SOS games for us (dreadlocks played in centre mid I think) but that is a position where we have plenty of cover.

Mainly though, it will be down to O'Neil and Coley as to what enquiries, if any, we receive. A striker will be priority if Symes or Grant are sold, or if Kee goes back, or if King is released. But then again Turner or Miles could play as the deep striker.

Jimmy Ryan and Andy Procter are likely to be asked after as well. The squad could probably take one of them going if Mullin ever recovers, but with only Joyce as natural cover in there it could be dicey.

The only position we could take a hit on would be centre back. Edwards would be the likeliest sale, and Flynn or Murphy would fill in - although I'd like to see Winnard play in his natural position and Richardson return to fitness.

Priority in the summer will be a goalkeeper. Or two.