View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 20:08   #18
lancsdave
God Member

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Mmmmm, hearing some "Market News" today. Was being told that this "refurbishment" is going to include taking down all the stalls and putting modern ones in (the stallholders dont seem very pleased!). This saddens me, as it wont be the same to me, but .... as one outside market stallholder said, "the Market Hall is dying - if it carries on as it is, it wont be there in 5 years time. It needs something doing to it, so maybe it DOES need a re-vamp". I have to be honest, I have been in more often over the past few weeks, in view of the weather, especially using the butchers. Maybe I will carry on giving them my business, rather than going along Hyndburn Road to the big supermarkets. Maybe we all should!

Anyone know owt about any of this?

Just take a look at this photo, slightly blurred sorry, (dont know why) and look at the white van parked in front of the Market Hall ?????? - Hutchinsons Demolition!
As far as I know the plan was always to replace all the stalls. Take a walk up to the balcony at the office end and look down, you'll see why it needs it.