View Single Post
Old 17-01-2010, 10:54   #9
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: How to lose allies ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
It seems to be the way with the Americans, they are so enveloped in themselves that they fail to notice what is really going on around them.

Should you be an American viewing this, before you go off on one think about it first, then respond.
I see that I retain my red spot because Mr steeljack didn't appreciate my comments. This again backs up my point about the Americans being "wrapped up in themselves" instead of thinking about it first and asking me why I'm saying this he went straight in with the boot.

Had Mr.Steeljack asked why I have this opinion I would've informed him, instead I had to explain myself in a later post. The Item posted by Mr.Steeljack to emphasise his position sadly relies heavily on past glories, I am not disputing your involvement in the war, but had pearl harbour not been attacked would America have been so willing to enter the fray ? they hadn't been prior to the event.

In 1969 the British Army deployed to Northern Ireland to counter terrorism and this ran on through until 2007, during this time Americans (not all) collected for the IRA to buy arms & ammunition to kill British soldiers, even American weapons were supplied to the terrorists. Gerry Adams was invited over and celebrated as a celebrity!! incredulous. Where was the backup then against terrorism ?

Bush Senior took the Americans into Iraq in 1991, on the clause of defending Kuwait from the evil Iraq dictator Saddam Husseien, who was it Steeljack who put Hussein in his position in the first place ? let me see, oh yes ! the Americans because they wanted him to fight against the Iranians in the 80's !!

Back into Iraq in 2003 Bush Junior up until 2009 British troops have supported the Americans in there fight to stamp out WMD & terrorism, Bush asked Blair said yes, so where are they these WMD objects ? At least Iraq is over but unfortunately Afghanistsan is still going on, and young "British" lads are dying following the American dream, don't get me wrong I feel sorry for your loses as well, but again following your lead how many thousand of young Men do you have over there ? We are a small Island we can't afford to lose to many of our lads, but as long as you don't see what's happening around you, we will suffer more than you.

On a lighter note, you have a Baseball "World series" how many other countries are involved and by the way we invented it ,it was called "Rounders" first mentioned in 1745 in England, first played in the States 1846.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote