View Single Post
Old 13-03-2010, 22:11   #47
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I hope and trust your own good lady, if there is such a lucky person, isn't given such outrageous free reign.
Your affectionate friend.,
Phyllida Rim, (MISS)
My Dear Miss Phyllida,

it is with heavy heart that I have to tell you, I am a widower.

I blame myself, if only instead of insisting that she must do all that is necessary around the home and I'd got a man in she would not have dug the footings for our new patio and Conservatory to such a depth, alas, the man with the premixed concrete arrived early and she didn't get out of the hole in time.
Still on the plus side I was able to convince the man from the co-op that the funeral insurance policy was null and void as it wasn't them that buried her.
He finally agreed and went off murmuring something about the policy unlike my wife is not cast in stone.

Well enough of my ramblings and may the prospective Conservative candidate also fill a gap that shows her worth,

Yours faithfully,

Col Buffington (rtd)

P.S. on a happy note I ended up with enough concrete left over to build a barbecue, any time your passing and fancy a nibble, please feel free to drop in.

P.P.S. Have you any D.I.Y. skills? As my sceptic tank could do with a really good clean out!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote