View Single Post
Old 14-03-2010, 09:28   #56
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
This is the only post I will make on this thread, as I couldn't care less who is the candidate for reasons previously stated. If I had had a vote I would not have opted for Janet either for one reason, she never canvases, in fact she takes her annual holidays every year the last two weeks in April during the election campaign. Years ago when I moved back to Hyndburn after living in Haslingden for a few years, I was targeted to stand for election in Immanuel Ward in the 1988 local election, which I refused, due to my health problems, because I was unable to canvas and deliver leaflets. I was told that it would be done for me, I could just sit back and let others do the work. At the time I said if some one came knocking at my door and asked if I would vote for John Farrer my question would have been, why is John Farrer not asking me himself. I have no doubt that I could have done the job as a councillor dealing with problems going to meetings etc., but if you can't earn the right to undertake the job under your own steam, sorry your not electable in my eyes, its all about those principles of mine, this is another one
It's good to hear that poor Janet wasn't successful just because she wasn't as posh as Karen, but other issues also came into play.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote