View Single Post
Old 15-03-2010, 06:35   #76
steeljack
God Member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i dont know much about polotics but despite been a tory i do know that ken hargeeves did a lot for his constituants and have heard from many people how he helped them with many matters and gregg pope respectivly has the same reputation for helping out his constituants,

someone shoved into our town from another area renting or having a second home may not have our interests at heart except during a run up for an election where as a person who actually lives here legitimatly and has an established record for helping out our comunity will continue to do so and look out for our interests

to put it bluntly i would much rather trust somone local who has to live with us if they cock up than trust someone who can cock up and run off back home.The local person has more incentive to look after our interests
Don't necessarily disagree with you, but think a local MPs job is more than getting passport problems sorted , a good local politician doing his job knows who to phone about pot holes in the street or who in the Chief Constables office about local yob problems, but this isn't the job of an MP........
Think one question which should be asked of prospective MPs when they come knocking on your door is ........where do you prefer local youth in the armed forces to die .... Afghanistan (fighting the War on Terror and at the same time supporting the local Opium growers) or defending British oil interests in the Falklands/Malvinas against an Argentinian invasion ....... lets face they can't be in both places .
Maybe all candidates should produce their passports as proof of foreign experience , stamps for Juan Les Pins and Benidorm being exempt
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web