View Single Post
Old 31-07-2010, 17:56   #134
Tealeaf
God Member

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Just been in the Market Hall. I have to say it is definitely "growing on me", BUT ...... what loud music I walked into! Someone, in their wisdom, has put a gentleman playing an electric piano/organ, in the centre of the empty floor, but its so loud, and so old fashioned sounding! No disrespect to him or his playing, but the centre of the Market Hall is NOT the place for him. All it needs is some piped, pleasant background music. The stallholders can't hear what the customers are asking for!
I must confess to being a little puzzled by this remark. Surely the last thing we now want in Accy's market hall - which is one of the three jewels in the town's crown - is some pathethic musak played over some squeaky set of electronic speakers.

This place is not the ASDA or some other similar shopping hell for the mentally subnormal as they go in search of cans of spam, bacon fry or similar reconstituted meat slurry; it is a place of contemplation followed by economic activity, i.e. a market hall.

Surely the music played should therfore match it's history and as such something like a string quartet knocking out Elgar's, Mendelssohn's and Vaughn William's greatest hits would be far more appropriate?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote