View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 22:00   #1
Div3North
Senior Member+

Prediction League Game 1; Aldershot (home)

Prediction League 2010
The News

We’re up and running ………….

Although I stuck my head above the parapet first, I’m delighted to say that I’ve been joined in running the game by Chimer, who knows more about spreadsheets than I’ve had hot dinners. The division of labour will be that I’ll start the game each time (league matches only), and Chimer will collate the results at the close, and prepare and post the ‘league table’.

The Rules

Are more or less what they always were (we think!), namely
  • You post a guess as to what the full time score will be for each Stanley league game. You can enter every one of the 46 games, or just when you remember to post (but you may not top the table at the end of the season if you only enter once ………..)
  • If you guess the score correctly, you get 5 points
  • If you get the score wrong but the result right, you get 3 points
  • If you get the result wrong but get the number of goals scored by one of the teams right, you get 1 point
  • At the end of the season, the person with the most points wins the league. There isn’t a prize (yet, but we’ll see what we can do)

A Request

It would really help Chimer (he says) if you could post your guess with Stanley’s score first (easier to check), but we won’t shout if you forget …………
  • “Stanley 2 Aldershot 0” is perfect
  • Stanley to win 2-0” is perfect, as is “2-0 to the Stanley” (or “the Mighty Reds”)
  • “2-2” is as well
  • Stanley to lose 1-3” would help Chimer (as above)

The only change is that this season we’ll accept “2-0 to us” provided you are an established forum member (ie a Stanley supporter, actual or deemed) whose name we know

We won’t accept “4-1” without an identified / identifiable winner. Any posts that won’t otherwise count I’ll try to identify and post a ‘reminder’ to the person concerned, so that it can be corrected before the cut off time; we aren’t out to disqualify guesses unless we have no choice ………
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web