Thread: Barbary Coast
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 17:56   #128
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Barbary Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I've been in Blackburn today and had a wander over there. Yes that's definitely what was The Dunn Horse, there used to be 2 entrances, the one on the corner has now been blocked in, and has advertising on it, whilst the other entrance on Market Street Lane is still there!

The other Pub diagonally opposite, which now has the name Clitheroe Kates on the side is definitely what was The Old Bank, as far as i recall it was in a row of terraced property at some point, which will have altered how people remember it! Age does funny things to the mind, and i worked near there in the 70's early 80's and i think that there were buildings on both sides of what you see now, cant remember, what was on the corner next to it, where the grass is now. But i think at the other side, where there is the Car Park and Grass verge in front of the Co-Op Funeral Service, was a small row of terraces which might still have been a Funeral Parlour but a smaller concern than it is now!

Best Regards - Taggy
Your right about the Old Bank, Taggy it was in the middle of row of terrace properties, went in quite often when Geoff Edwardson was the Landlord, he was on the committee of the Lancashire County Pool Association, when I was chairman