Thread: Pitch
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 21:06   #248
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Would just like to say thanks to Jase and the boys for giving me a lift with the seats today really was an eleventh hour job to get them in as they only arrived yesterday and they needed to be put together, yes it has been a mad week and not every thing has been finished because other jobs kept cropping up, ie new shower facilities in the refs room, safety gates to be finished, new safety barrier at the left hand side of the coppice end welded up and bolted down by the DON himself.I must admit it has been a sterling effort by everyone involved the lads doing the painting, Micky V (you know who you are) Bill and Fran (Adam is an ultra) Harry has cleaned every seat in the stadium and everyone else who has been involved whether the involvment has been big or small .I really think a big thanks should also go to Buzzer who has worked his socks off to get the pitch ready ( at one time i thought the grass was growing faster than he could cut it) I must say at times the last three months has been a real slog and it felt as though it would never end but thanks to a great team we have got there and tomorrow is the big day, it only seems like yesterday we were marching through Cheltenham with flags aloft and now its time for the stanley bandwagon to roll on yet again. ON STANLEY ON
I can only echo your gratitude SC, and although my 'fanship' of Accrington Stanley doesn't amount to taking part in the sort of efforts you report upon in your post, I am nevertheless proud to be associated with those who went the extra mile today !!.
With Fans like them...and a Team managed by JC and JB , how can we possibly fail ??.

'ON STANLEY ON !!!....TO GREATER THINGS !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote