View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 18:33   #264
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Pitch

Copyed and pasted this off the clubs e-mail news letter

After recent comments regarding the state of the Crown Ground pitch after Saturday's 0-0 draw with Aldershot, Stanley’s next home game is against Macclesfield on August 21 and managing director Dave O’Neill hit back:

“There was an accumulation of things that probably put us back by a fortnight. The weather in East Lancashire certainly didn't help. We’ve got the pitch contractor coming back now for the next fortnight to put the final stages of work into it."

“When we did get it seeded it was the driest spell it could possibly have been and once the grass started growing it’s just been flooded. For the last five or six weeks we’ve had nothing but rain."

Mr O' Neil also said, “We did try to postpone the game last Friday but the Football League said it was our home fixture and it would give us an advantage later on if we had three home games in a row."

He added, “But the contractors have assured us that they can pull it around. “I’m told the drains take three months to get working and they’ve only had two. At which point the pitch should be in great shape.”
Stanley boss John Coleman added: “The pitch hampered us with the way it softened up. “But I think it will be all right. I think in a couple of weeks you’ll see a different pitch.”