Thread: church
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2004, 16:11   #42
Tealeaf
God Member

Re: to Willowthewhispchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah
Hi, tried here to show you the Navigation Arms, well, I think it is. Wont be too clear, but might help you to decipher which building Tealeaf meant. Atarah
The Navigation was further down than the buildings indicated in this picture. If you look at the original picture, you'll see (looking in the direction of Blackburn), 3 cottage type buildings, then a large building and then a building sticking out with a bit of a white wall by the side. There is one person, and possibly 2 more stood outside. This is the building I believe to be the Navigation pub.

Wood street used to rum from Market street, round the back of the old Con club, and emerge on Blackburn Rd more or less opposite the Eastern end of the Navigation. That street is still there, although I don't think it's named as such.
Willow, if you pop over there again and line yourrself on the canal side opposite that entrance on Blackburn Rd, then the area back towards Blackburn was the site of the Navigation. If your mysterious piece of wall is on the site then we know what it is; if not, then we shall have to continue enquiries.

The three cottage type buildings, are of course, now the site of the wedding dress place.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 15-09-2004 at 16:14.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote