View Single Post
Old 25-08-2010, 10:03   #1
emzy
Senior Member+

Car Power Steering Fault

Not sure if this should be here or Q&A's (mod please move if im in the wrong place thanks)

I have an intermittent fault with the power steering on my Citroen C4. A few weeks ago I was driving it and the steering suddenly went very stiff and i struggling turning corners etc. This carried on for about 10 minutes then it went back to normal as if nothing was ever wrong with it. I took it to the garage (i got an additional warranty when i got the car) and they topped up the fluid and all seemed well. Couple of "hiccups" where the steering went stiff for a couple of seconds but then fine, put that down to maybe air bubble or something. On saturday it did the same again for about 15 minutes then back to normal as if nothing was wrong again.

The Garage in accrington is due to close at the end of the week so I can only book it into the preston garage for 2 weeks time

If it is not covered under the warranty they are going to charge me almost £50 as a diagnostic fee plus £12 a day for the courtousy car (not too happy)

What I was wondering really is, can anyone advise me on where to look to see if i can see anything noticable wrong with it. (remember please, I am female so simplify haha) It may save me money in the long run if I find it isnt covered by warranty, not taking it to preston when I could find somewhere local and cheaper to get it done if its not covered.

Thanks in advance
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web