View Single Post
Old 27-08-2010, 12:27   #129
sparkie
Senior Member+

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
its all well and good pointing out ground rules etc but they count for nowt when stewards start throwing punches. Eject people by all means, and no-one is above the law, but it doesn't take 4 people and headlocks to do that. People WILL ALWAYS stand by their friends and family when undue violence is shown.
I can say through prior knowledge of being deputy chief steward at stanley and having taken my Level2 Event and Matchday stewarding (and passed!), that at no point are you told that grabbing people in a headlck or striking them in any manner is acceptable. In fact the only manner of restraint they endorse you using is a standard arm bar and if you are met with further resistance them this should be turned into a double arm bar (by a second person) at which point this can then be used to 'force' the person into a position where they are walking doubled over. If this is meeting further resistance then they tell you to call in police support.

Having thrown various fans out from various clubs (including some of our own) I can safely say that I never had to grab anyone by the head/neck to get the job done.