View Single Post
Old 27-08-2010, 12:30   #130
shrimper

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF View Post
Yonman thanks for clearing it up even managed to answer my own question To be honest i don't think it would placate some of the fans.
There are obviously 2 issues that need to be addressed and i have a feeling i may upset 1 or 2 people i apologise in advance

1 The arrests - it may not count for much what Jase and Danny have done for Stanley in the past and yes they have done a fantastic amount but If they are deemed to have broken any laws with regards to entering a football match then they will be punished. Whether that will be a ban or not remains to be seen! The club may not be able to do much yes they can send character references but if Mr Judge on the day is that way out then it might not make any difference and it's all well and good saying 1st offense etc sometimes football laws/rules do not take this into account apparently it seems all football fans are a completely different species to the rest of the human race!! In this day and age unfortunately previous good character does not seem to count for much. I am hoping that bans are not enforced as Jase seems to be the life and soul of the Clayton End

The Stewards/Police - SOME not all have overacted and each individual that has been affected should do what ever it takes to make sure that it is dealt with in the correct manner

Unfortunately what was seen by a few as harmless fun has now seen their actions escalate into the anger of how it was then dealt with by the officials.

Arrest - correct if offense commited (and someone did whether it was Danny or not yet needs to be proved in a court of law)

You can be sure that in future games that Stanley will no longer allow the throwing of till rolls onto the pitch!!!!
You make some good points but as much character reference/witness type stuff as can be accumulated and presented to the right people may help mitigate any punishment.

It may (though I think it's a long shot, given the publicity this has already attracted) also persuade the CPS to stop short of a full criminal charge.

This is a real 'there but for the grace of God' issue as far as I'm concerned personally.
I was once grabbed by five burly coppers in London after watching my 'other' team Spurs win the FA Cup against Forest.
They 'said' they'd had a tip-off that someone matching my description was carrying a knife (all bollocks, they just wanted to break up a rather big - but well-behaved group outside a West End pub and throw their weight around a bit).
I refused to go with them round the back into an alleyway, where they said they wanted to 'interview' me away from the rest of my mates.
I refused but, because I hadn't by that stage had much to drink, was able to do so rationally - explaining politely that they were frightening me and they could do whatever searches they wanted in open view of lots of people, with my complete consent (ie the only thing I was 'resisting' was going with a gang of coppers into an alleyway - I was careful to point out that I wasn't resisting 'arrest' because they didn't have any reason to arrest me until they'd searched me - with which I was fully prepared to co-operate).
Had I had a few more - or had they pushed the issue more forcibly, I'd probably have a criminal record by now.

Good luck, lads.