View Single Post
Old 27-08-2010, 13:04   #137
stanley convert

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF View Post
Were there till rolls thrown onto the field of play during the match (some aimed @ Krul) - Yes
Therefore if the person arrested @ end of match is guilty of such then yes he should be charged.
When Jase was arrested did a group of 20 or 30 run towards the police/stewards - Yes
Therefore this could be deemed as hostile.
Could the club be fined for failing to control the crowd (again the throwing incident) - Quite a possibility
Therefore can i ask what you are expecting the club to come out and say publically regarding the incidents. Until all facts are looked @ there's not a great deal they can do. It all started because someone pushed it too far with throwing the till rolls which is an offence and therefore someone was arrested then it all banked rolled from there.
Over reaction from police/stewards - Yes definatley but it did all start with
someone commiting an offence
Good post, I did not see the incident as I was on my way from the ground so I am not prepared to comment on any of the actions of any of the parties involved, but I do believe Jase had approached the ultras earlier in the night asking them not to set off smoke bombs /flares but what happened SMOKE BOMBS and now Jase is facing a banning order. At the end of the day rules is rules as stated elsewhere on this thread and it,s the FL that set them, If ASFC are found to be in breach of these rules it will be the club that pay the price also the police can re catorgerise any further matches at the crown which will also inccur cost to the club.
We have so far been in a very lucky position were certain aspects of the FL regulations have been woolie round the edges and a blind eye has been turned but in truth how many times do people have to be told not to throw things onto the pitch what do they expect to happen if they get caught??
I do think that things will now change (for the worse in my opinion) at the crown no matter who was to blame for this inccident and I would not be supprised to see fans being searched even more stewards and police and overall a clamp down on anything regarded as bad behaviour or a breach of FL league rules.
At the end of the day there is no chance of a statement from the club until such times as all the evidence is gathered, to comment before would be like shooting themselves in the foot.