View Single Post
Old 27-08-2010, 17:40   #139
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
IF Danny threw a “Missile” at a police officer – fair point, but what went on afterwards, was not right, others could have been hurt and as we all know – I hope – we do not cause trouble, we just have a good time.
Hang on a minute! Has the whole world gone bonkers? Since when has a toilet roll or till roll morphed into a MISSILE? When I was a lad missiles were what Russia tried to sneak into Cuba, nearly precipitating World War 3. What next - cricketers arrested for bowling too fast with a hard ball; wedding guests arrested for throwing confetti? Calling bog roll a missile is the sort of crazy argument that Dear old Peter Sellers wouild have used in "I'm All Right Jack" to justify bringing out the brothers on strike, and we would all fall about laughing at the farce. Not now - we've all gone mad with P.C propaganda worming it's way into every conceivable situation where the merest hint of offence or perceived injury reults in everything being closed down. I'm not blaming the club on this issue as they have to work within the "Guidelines", but for God's sake, when is the country going to wake up from sleepwalking into a state of zero tolerance? Getting time again for this grumpy old man to emigrate!