View Single Post
Old 27-08-2010, 20:17   #146
Larry Lobster

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The FSF View Post
Hello all

I'm Amanda Jacks from the Football Supporters Federation (The Football Supporters' Federation - Informing, Supporting, Campaigning) and have read this thread with interest.

Firstly, if anybody needs legal advice, we have an excellent solicitor to whom we refer supporters who've been arrested. Free advice is available over the phone.

Secondly, if anybody would like to make complaints about the actions of the stewards (a headlock is not an approved restraint technique!) then please do email me at [email protected]

Amanda
An interesting post. Quite alarming, if also comforting to realise that this issue has now obviously become of national interest.

From my seat in the main stand i only witnessed the actions of the stewards towards the geordie fans. The guy who jumped over the wall to celebrate Newcastle's 2nd goal, although daft as a brush for doing it, was most definately mistreated by the stewards, one of whom had him headlocked as he dragged him away. I remember thinking at the time, that the actions of this steward could have caused a riot. In fairness the rest of the Geordie fans just gave him verbal abuse and didn't react against the stewards. Fair play to them for that.

I hope that those involved at the Clayton End after the match, take the advice of Amanda's post and contact her. The over reaction of both stewards and police should not have to be tolerated.