View Single Post
Old 28-08-2010, 00:25   #164
shakermaker
God Member

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Can only comment on what I saw. In between the clubhouse and the Crown steps, I saw five police officers take down one flummoxed Stanley fan. What he did, I don't know. I then saw a couple of the officers call over two horseback officers. I then saw eight officers in blue uniform (for all intents and purposes - riot gear) run in behind the Clayton End. The man struggled, shouting "what is this even for?". One of the officers slammed the man against a van and shouted "you're peeing (sic) me off". I thought the worst case of hideously disproportionate policing and terrible ground safety standards would be at Cheltenham away. I was wrong.

Let's make one thing clear - there has never ever been any trouble with the Stanley Ultras until stewards and/or police have intervened. Think about that.

Isn't the primary objective for matchday police, stewards and their controlling officer the safety of all spectators? Exactly who was made unsafe inside the ground by Jase, Danny or any of the Ultras?

This abject failure of authority figures that night sickened me and has made me seriously rethink returning to The Crown Ground.