View Single Post
Old 28-08-2010, 09:54   #168
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Can I just say, that all those who have said they are rethinking visiting the Crown Ground, do that and the stewards/Police have won. The Stewards on Wednesday night were mostly from Blackburn (the club only have approximately 25) and the Police were a mixture of Lancs Constabulary and Tyne and Wear Metro Police to monitor the Geordie fans (who they know). I will lay any odds that the majority on here posting have never been a steward at a football or other sports arena. Believe me when I say it is a thankless task and I know one or two on here who have been stewards and given it up for whatever reason. I do not condone the actions on Wednesday night of Police or stewards and I sincerely hope that common sense will prevail and all charges and threats of banning orders will be dropped in due course. In the meantime, I hope someone else will take up the mantle that Jase cannot in the forthcoming fixtures.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!