View Single Post
Old 28-08-2010, 15:53   #265
Ken Moss
Common Sense Member

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
As I am a member of the board as a Trustee, Ken, I am bemused that you appear to know more than myself about who is on the invite list for the Formal Opening of The Civil Arts Centre.

As Gayle has mentioned, this event has merely been postponed due to other commitments, and there is no change, as yet, to whom we would like to invite to formally cut the ribbon. Cllr Britcliffe has been heavily involved in this project from start to finish so, no doubt, will be playing a large part in the ceremony.

It is a shame that you did not appear at the Open Day last Saturday to get an inside view of projects already booked. The centre is not just for the people of Ossy, but for the whole of Hyndburn, and would have been good if you could have returned to your constituents in Rishton to inform them of this new facility and interestings projects for them at a minimal cost.

Please take another look at your crystal bowl so that I can inform the other members of the board what to expect will be our decision.

www.civilartscentre.co.uk

Ok .. thread wander .. but you started it... LOL.
I've been accused of worse things, Kate....

I have nothing against the Civic Theatre itself and can see the wider good intentions for it but it is becoming little more than a trophy for Peter Britcliffe which is demeaning the whole thing. There is an uncomfortable amount of sloppy accounting involved with the actual allocation of funds and we're talking about a lot of money, sums of which I'm sure you're already fully aware of.

Peter's jiggery-pokery with the eventual invitations is well known within the corridors of HBC as it is going on with a couple of other things as well. As I've said before, in the run up to next May expect to see Peter Britcliffe's name on as many brass plaques as are due to be unveiled in Hyndburn, not Malcolm Pritchard's.

Gayle's mention of Labour's stance on capital expenditure implies that I'm entrenched in a Conservative/Labour argument here, which I'm not. What annoys me is that one man is pulling the purse strings of an entire borough just to satisfy his own ego and get his name associated with as many things as possible.

Hyndburn is suffering as a borough because of what is being dictated by that man to the masses.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote