View Single Post
Old 29-08-2010, 19:46   #187
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
ditto Oldgobbin.

I text him the name of the steward WHO I SAW THROWING PUNCHES so hopefully it will be dealt with. But like has been mentioned, somebody is accountable for the stewards and it was their heavy handedness which forced the issue on the night. Fair do's nicking somebody, but when four people are holding one person down, with headlocks and arm bars, then folk will always intervene. If the stewards retaliation is to throw punches then the whole situation escalates. The club, if anything, should be extremely thankful that we don't have the army of idiots that the police clearly thought we had. If the 30 or so people involved (myself included) had been of that ilk then they'd still be cleaning the claret off the terracing
Whilst I have some sympathy in what is being said, I cannot think Mick Schultz will come on this site to answer your complaints. Also, having seen a number of Newcastle fans ejected in a similar fashion, there was no intervention from their fans with the exception of a few boos directed at the numpties that came onto the pitch. However, due to the lack of retaliation after the incident, those ejected were laughing and joking with the police. There is one other point, although Mick is the Ground safety officer, what about a response from the chief steward (Caroline). There has been a deafening silence from her as well.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!