View Single Post
Old 30-08-2010, 08:43   #193
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

~Whilst I understand what you are trying to say Ozzy, stewards came on the Clayton End with fists clenched, THAT IS WHY THERE WAS THE LEVEL OF TROUBLE THAT WE SAW.

If the arrest/ejection had been made in a proper fashion then there wouldn't have been any objection from the crowd as a whole. Once it was obvious that trouble had begun then they could quite easily have made a cordon between the first arrest and the so-called police attackers - they didn't, they separated and became emboiled in various battles all over the place.

For the record, I personally didn't have any problem with the way the police spoke to people, or the way they handled the beginnings of the trouble. At any point that they are asked, or take it upon themselves, to intervene then there is a problem. That type of problem is usually violence and they were dealing with a crowd. They are trained to deal with problems as quickly and firm handedly as possible. For me the problem of the police on the Clayton End lies with whoever made the call that they were required and whoever was in control (or not) of the Stewards? Did they act on their own initiative or was somebody telling them where to go and how to act?