View Single Post
Old 31-08-2010, 10:30   #213
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Tannoy functions ?, Till Rolls ?, Banners ?, Police Horses ?, Stewards who used to be Stewards but are no longer Stewards ?, and who might be Stanley Stewards or 'Bought-in' Stewards ?,Over-zealous Policemen and Policewomen who might be Local or from the North-East ?..
Club Safety Officer (s), their function, and whether or not this was fulfilled ?...etc...etc...

All are secondary to the main thrust of this thread which, in my humble opinion is, that again by inadequate Management, this time of an important Game, those at the Club responsible for constructing a strategy to deal successfully with this situation have once more demonstrated inadequacies which have resulted in abject failure to direct and maintain good-order and stirred up
dismay, disappointment, and a strong measure of anger amongst it's Supporters.

If the past is anything to judge by, I fear that little will be learnt by Club Officials from this episode to prevent a similar occurence at some point in the future.although I fervently hope that I am wrong in this prediction !. and unlike the Club I openly express the real sadness felt when hearing of the Physical and Emotional injuries suffered by Stanley Fans last Wednesday evening !.