View Single Post
Old 31-08-2010, 21:52   #222
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Choirboy is just about spot on. As a southern exile, my rare pilgrimage to the frozen north (with the missus) was made fantastic by the Ultras' efforts. For Jase to be banned would be a serious blow to ASFC as a whole.

We didn't hang about after the game (my throat was a bit dry!) so we have nothing to offer the defence. The only thing I would add to Choirboy's analysis is to note that the Ultras are a bunch of committed individuals plus whoever, pre-teen nutter or boring old git, attaches themselves at the edges for an evening, so can't be controlled - or, therefore, self-policed - as the committed ones might wish.

Imho, the second salvo of till rolls at half time (after the stewards had cleared off the first lot) was unnecessary, the subsequent individual till rolls aimed at their keeper stupid, and the smoke flares moronic and asking for trouble. And I don't like seeing eight-year olds watching the crowd rather than the game, only turning round to wave v-signs at the opposition (especially when they're getting in the way of me seeing the pitch!) On the other hand, the reported post-game performance of police and stewards can't be justified by anything that went before

The overall Ultra effect was still fantastic, and it was a real blow to get home (not till Sunday) and read about the fracas on the board.

Fingers crossed for Jase next week, and all respect for his post above.