Thread: Animating Accy
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2010, 16:19   #35
Gayle
God Member

Re: Animating Accy

The film was made by a local film company, Huckleberry Films. It was funded by the Arts Council and was commissioned by myself on behalf of Creativity Works and Hyndburn Borough Council. The cost of the film was less than £3k.

Huckleberry Films is made up of two local people who live in Accrington. They were extremely proud of the work that they had done and HBC and the Arts Council were thrilled with it as well. So far it has received praise from all quarters apart from here and has already received near 800 hits on YouTube. It has been sent all around the world.

Here are some of the quotes from emails that I have been sent.

"I just watched animating Accy, it was wonderful I have sent the link to
family and friends abroad to show them what they are missing." Partners in Policy Making

"We were all very impressed with this.
Do you know who ‘owns’ it and whether it would be OK for us to show it in the public area at the police station?" Sgt at Accrington Police Station

"Love it ) Really love it ) x" Accrington Stanley Football Club

"This is fantastic !! Thank you." Teacher at Accrington Academy

I haven't put their names because I haven't asked them whether I can quote them.

The purpose of the project over all is to promote the town and to support local businesses. Without a doubt it has achieved that. Along with being sent around the world it is supporting a local film company who on the back of this have been invited to an interview for another commission with a private company. This funding has helped them to develop their business. You also have to remember that the company in question is local and they spend their pound locally, so it's going directly into Accrington's economy.

I appreciate that art is subjective and you may not like it, you may think it's derivative although we prefer to say 'inspired by' but what you can not deny is that it is achieving what it set out to achieve.

I didn't ask for any posts to be removed and I didn't actually report any but I felt like it. I presume the mods removed them because some were incorrect and downright abusive. I almost asked for the whole thread and my account to be deleted but in the end decided that wasn't worth it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote