View Single Post
Old 20-10-2010, 21:11   #35
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: The value of public funded art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I agree with you on every one of those points.

But if you don't care about what lottery funding is spent on, why do you continue to keep making pops at the film and crotcheting?
Firstly, I've never mentioned the costs involved with producing the film. I simply didn't like it as a piece, as I posted.

Secondy, the crotcheting.

I first mentioned it many weeks ago, in the Market Hall thread, after it was pointed out to me by the traders in the Market Hall, whilst shopping in there.

I was dismissive of it as 'art', but my main beef was because of it's situation in there in the first place. A place, up until recently take up by londstanding market stalls, prior to the two million pound 'refurbishment'.

People traditionally go in the Market Hall to buy produce, not take part in community art projects.

In all honesty I had no idea where the funding came from, and still don't. Nor did I know you had any involvement with it. I knew you were running the new arts centre in Oswaldtwistle Town Hall, nothing else. So any criticism wasn't aimed at you, mainly because of ignorance on my part.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote