Thread: Animating Accy
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2010, 19:10   #84
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Animating Accy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I haven't watched and don't intend to( I've lived here for 44 years so I think I know the place well enough) but good on Gayle for doing something to promote the town instead of just sitting her jacksey and constantly whinging about the place. And yes, I know it's her job, but she must have chosen the project knowing full well the amount of flak she would get from the critical, vitriol hypocrites on here that are all too quick to knock anything even slightly left field. Keep at it Gayle!
My understanding of hypocrisy is saying one thing, yet believing another.

I've seen no evidence of that in this thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't like the film. Some poeople do. I didn't. The animation didn't add anything to the interviews. It just left me wanting to see the actual people speaking, and I did find it a bit old fashioned.

I liked the map, as I posted.

I think the 'community art' crocheting project was a woeful, embarrassing exercise, as a piece of 'art'..

When I first mentioned the crocheting, it was in relation to the Market Hall refurbishment. When the traders were telling people it was funded by the 'council'.

I had no idea Gayle had any connection to the project.

As far as I knew, when she replied to Acrylic-bob, about what her role was at H.B.C., I thought she replied she was now creative director of the arts centre in Oswaldtwistle, and she gave the salary. Though I don't remember seeing the post advertised. I, and presumably others, don't know she now has other offical responsibilities in Hyndburn.

People are free to give their opinions, when things are posted for discussion.

I look forward to seeing any examples of hypocrisy. Just as in the other thread, about the value of commmunity arts, I look forward to finding out where the funding came from, and what fees and costs were involved, with these three promotional tools.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote