View Single Post
Old 26-10-2010, 16:38   #90
Gayle
God Member

Re: The value of public funded art

It's not really a secret - there's no reason why it should be. As has been pointed out Freedom of Information could easily find it out. It has to be accounted for and evaluated. When the final evaluation is completed I will happily share the report with you. I won't be doing the evaluation by the way, it's done independently.

Film makers were paid £3,700 - this included workshops with young people to design characters, workshops with writing groups and other groups to write scripts, interviews with local people and then producing the film. They worked on it for approximately two months, with two people involved.

Crochet artist was paid £2,500 - this was for workshops held in various places including, the library, Haworth Art Gallery and the market, then the completed sculptures. Again, she was working on it for about two months.

Map artist was paid about the same (can't remember exactly and the file is at work). He spent time researching it, talking to people about their favourite places that should be included and then drawing and designing the map.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote