View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 21:41   #785
Tealeaf
God Member

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
That doesn't wash, Tealeaf. If I was a member of the Planning Committee open to bribery and corruption, I think my price would be higher than the prospect of some future summer soccer school!

Could it be that Tesco selected the sites for their soccer schools in areas where they were about to develop new stores, as a Google Page Ranking Exercise to get themselves popular with future customers?
I didn't say that was the only bribe, did I? Stop and think...if you were a major corporation looking at a controversial development which was likely to face major oppostion, what would you do? Think of Sun Tzu, think of Machiavelli....put a little deception plan in place. Offer something like a footy school..many can see that is a bribe, so the opposition concentrates on that. But because it's not big enough to be a substancial bribe then the assumption is made by a mayority then they may have good intentions after all. But the real stuff is going on behind the scenes - and that's were the brown envelopes are passed.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote