View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 15:42   #39
***Mr D***
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
That isn't evidence, it's cleverly edited video footage which ALWAYS shows how the streets of Great Britain are awash with drunkards. I'm happy to say that I haven't witnessed scenes like that on the nightly basis that they are purported to happen. Rishton (and even Great Harwood which has a truly impressive array of pubs) doesn't play host to such scenes very often, in fact I can't remember the last fracas that I saw.

Bamber Bridge didn't have a problem when I lived there, neither did Lostock Hall, and in the eight years I spent clubbing in Preston and other cities I think I saw three fights, all of which were dealt with in seconds by the bouncers. Certain people are going to be less tolerant of drink than others but punishing the many for the sake of a few idiots is another case of using a hammer to crack a nut.

There are laws for drink driving, an activity which is bad enough in itself and slows down reactions, but how would someone who flouted the drug driving laws react if they suddenly had a bad trip at the wheel? I wouldn't fancy being cut out of my mangled car because someone saw an imaginary monster on the M65.

Legalising drugs and making them freely available in shops is a surefire way of gettng more people to try them, there's no two ways about it. The occasional iffy beer has far less severe implications than a bad trip - however awful the beer has been I've never died off a dodgy pint.
Firstly I agree it is cleaverly edited footage, IMO to condition the public on how bad it is to be a police officer and this is why they have to be so heavy handed. The amount of wrong policing I see on them programs when people do not know there rights is shocking.

The street are that bad in alot of places, see booze britain and many many more as real life examples. I have seen it first hand myself quite a few times.

Alchol = Violence a lot of the time. FACT

As for the drink driving same applies to drug driving. Just Dont do it.

I also have not know anyone die from a iffy joint.

Just to clarify my point I would not legalise drugs I would decrimanalise them to some degree. Class A still needs some thought on as this needs a better aproach to deal with the addicts and not just the drugs.