View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 19:23   #48
Eric
God Member

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Alright, so I edited it a bit. But you know what I meant.
To lighten up a bit-we found this slightly iffy night club some time in the 80's and had such a good time we kept going back. One night, at a table with several people, the guy next to me started to roll a cigarette. I thought he was a bit tight with the tobacco and the end result was a mess. He had a couple of puffs and passed it on round the table-but everyone missed out me and my wife. After two or three 'cigarettes' they were all very happy, so happy one fell off her chair.I couldn't resist-'Don't mind me asking but is that pot you're smoking?' 'Yes' he said. I HAD to ask-'Why did you pass it round to everyone but always miss us?' 'I didn't like including you, I thought you was a policeman' he said. 'But if I was I would have nicked you all'. 'No, not in here,' he said 'this is where the police come when they want one'. And that's how acceptable it was even then!
Oh my innocence(or ignorance). I often wondered if I should try it-it made them so happy.
So perhaps, Eric, you hit on a good thing and I missed out! I'll never know, being hooked on tobacco is bad enough.
Tobacco is the bad one ... five and a half hours of surgery 4 years ago Surgery I wouldn't have needed if I hadn't been a smoker.

Perhaps, as some have been suggesting by bringing in the "common sense" argument, it is not the drug that is so much the problem as the people involved with it. Maybe it's not so much common sense as it is self-control, and an awareness of what one is getting into, and where it could lead.

Alcohol is legal because the govt. makes a shltload of money out of it. Same with smokes. If they could come up with a sure fire way of making money off weed, they would be in there like a dirty shirt.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote