View Single Post
Old 19-12-2010, 00:50   #129
RHFOY

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Proffesor Nutt is a dangerous man, partly because he voices the opinions of far too many of our P.C. freethinking elete leaders and policy makers.
Have you ever heard of a barrister saying 'M'lud,my client hadn't had a pint of Thwaites for 12 hours, he only mugged this old lady(who shouldn't have had her handbag so temptingly handy) because his addiction makes him unresponsable for his actions'?
Have you ever heard of a coroner saying 'This young person had an adverse reaction to their first cigarette, their immediate death was unfortunate'?
Alcohol ranks top as more dangerous than heroin, crack and crystal meth?? Can you imagine Accrington town centre(or any other) on a Saturday night if all the people there were high on any or all of those three drugs instead of alcohol? Can you imagine it the morning after? Or even cannabis, LSD and ecstacy?
He then says he would ban the first three(what a reasonable, sensible man) but would allow alcohol, tobacco, speed, cannabis and ecstacy to be legally available-he's not even consistant! Cannabis and LSD the least damaging? Try watching Woodstock or remember the GI's 'fragging' their own people because they were high and it seemed like a good idea!
In any sane country he would be written of as a slightly dangerous nutcase but as he says-'the Lib-Dems have always been more sensible about drugs and we know we've got a lot of Tories who've taken drugs'. So he obviously lives in hope! Heaven help us!
Yes, I smoke and I drink and I know neither is good for you but I'm still around and I haven't had to burgle anyone to get my next cigarette or pint(yet) or see a shrink. Or drop dead! Yet!
may i say that your thread is expertly put and it doesnt just suggest... it gives all off us an indepth explanation that leaves the reader in no doubt off the dangers, Articulate !!!!
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote