Thread: Cricket.
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2011, 17:24   #1
pjlc

Cricket.

Any thoughts on the forthcoming Lancashire League season? I like local cricket but sadly it is on the decline. One change I would make straight away is to reduce games to at most 40 overs. Because of 3 main reasons really; 1, We have not got the weather, so limiting overs will give more chance of a result. 2, not all fans of cricket want to be staying until 8pm and after in some cases to see a result. 3, The players some weekends play Saturday and Sunday which takes up all the weekend, then train two days a week on top. How do they spend time with their partners/families? Maybe have a 40 over League on Saturdays and a 30/35 over League on Sundays? Thoughts please Also it annoys me when a player gets 50 and they do a collection, then if he gets to 100 they come round and do another collection for the same player! Then the pro usually gets 50 so that's another collection, then he'll probably take 5 or more wickets so guess what? Yes that's another collection.......................................: mad:
pjlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web