Thread: Cricket.
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 05:34   #6
pjlc

Re: Cricket.

I think 40 is a lot better, when a possible 12pts can be earned in a game a for a no result you only get a mere 3pts they should be avoided at all costs. I love the 50 over game but over a season it is just not that favourable with our climate. While some games finish at 7, from a players point of view that's fine except then they have to get changed then get home etc, so if your the away team it does get quite late. I agree also with £4 to get in, if it goes to help the club I'm all for it and I would still be prepared to pay £4 for a reduced overs match. I love local cricket but attendences at most clubs show that something is not quite right IMO. And unfortunately the biggest stumbling block is out of everybodys hands..................The Weather. 50 overs, lots of collections etc etc is good for the old school cricket purists, but at a lot of clubs they are becoming few and far between. A lot of purists at all levels of the game don't like 20/20 cricket but at the end of the day it does an important job which is get people through the gates and cash into our clubs. Anyway here's hoping for a sun drenched Lancashire League season.

Last edited by pjlc; 01-02-2011 at 05:42. Reason: Missed a bit.
pjlc is offline   Reply With Quote