View Single Post
Old 15-02-2011, 16:10   #146
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Royal Wedding - The poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That's perfectly fine, and like any other youngle couple setting out on their married lives together, most of us will wish them well.

This is about unnecessary costs.

For instance if there's a budget already set aside for bedding plants, I'm sure only the churlish would disagree with the plan to have a red, white, and blue colour scheme. Not collecting fees for road closures, because of street parties, again no real finacial cost to the tax payer. No problem.

As it stands, we have ardent royalists voting no, they don't want their taxes spent on local civic celebrations. Sentiments which seem to echo the thoughts of the couple themselves. That the wedding should be relatively low key, and excess and extravagance should be kept to a minimum, because of the dire state of the UK economy, and the savage cuts we are beginning to see.

Yet Hyndburn plans to mark the occasion with majestic pomp and pageanty, topped off by exploding fireworks. Which the majority of those who'll pay for it seem disinterested or apathetic about, to say the least. Whilst others are very angry.
Let's be honest, this is a poll of accyweb, yes, the majority on here are against.
But, the majority are represented by Their Councillors, they, (the Councillors), (despite the couple themselves, insisting that this wedding should be low key), insist on spending our money in celebration.

Rindy,

Surely now is a time to back down?
Surely THEY know better than you?
They have after all, been voted in because they KNOW.

Surely you must realise the importance of putting self before populace?

Award yourself a medal.

Creep like mad to Royalty.

Get a knighthood.

Continue creeping to the right powers, and become...

Lord Yellow badge of Hyndburn, a bigger title, gosh, won't that do us, his subjects a power of good?

Last edited by Less; 15-02-2011 at 16:12.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote