View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 11:39   #141
Pudwoppa

Post Re: The Arndale Clock

Not sure if this warrants a new thread or not so here it is.

I was contacted yesterday regarding BBC Radio Lancashire's recent spell of broadcasts about the Accrington Arndale Clock. They are looking for someone to talk briefly tomorrow morning at about 8.25am about why the clock is important to the town.

Here's a brief version of the original message:

We are running a series all this week on the former "World Clock" which was situated in the Accrington Arndale Centre until 2004. We have met up with the original designer, with the view to seeing if it could be installed somewhere else in Accrington, due to a Facebook page being set up in its memory.

One woman, who came on the radio earlier today said she thought the clock was part of Accrington's heritage so I wondered whether there was someone who would be available to speak to us on the breakfast show on Thursday morning about this?

I'm only looking for someone to come on the radio for a couple of minutes and talk about the clock in very general terms. We would be looking to interview someone on the radio, over the phone or in the studio (we are based in Blackburn) tomorrow morning at about 8.25am, after part three of our Accrington Clock piece.....if they can contact the newsroom here on 01254 841007, it would be super. Failing that they would need to email Nishma - her email is [email protected]

If anyone is interested in talking, please use the contact details above ASAP. I haven't the manner or inclination for a live talk, but I'm sure others on here would be happy to have a natter on live radio.
Pudwoppa is offline   Reply With Quote