View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 14:59   #12
Atarah
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bank House, site of

Bank House was erected on part of the site of Woolhurst Bank from which the name comes. It was built by Robert Hargreaves, of the firm of Hargreaves Bros., of Broak Oak, Accrington, and was erected in the Italian style of architecture, with well wooded grounds. He was the first Chairman of the Accrington Local Board, and father of Mrs Robertson Aikman (she donated many items to the musem of Accrington).

Earlier residents of Bank House were:- the Greens, the Briggs-Bury and then the Highams family. Alderman T. E. Higham was the 1928 Jubilee Mayor of Accrington.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Page generated in 0.08035 seconds with 11 queries