View Single Post
Old 16-06-2011, 03:36   #4
accyman
God Member

Re: Wanted: Xbox 360 or someone to fix mine :-)

as long as you havnt modded it you have a 3 year warranty on red ring so go to microsoft and ring tehir number to return it free

if it is modded buy a set of bolts off ebay for about £2 and some thermal paste and re do your x-clamp with teh bolts instead

look up x clamp fix on youtube it will show you how to do it

some peopel have great success with it and only have to do it once and others have to do it a few times

my elite finally gave up the ghost after 2 years after red ring but i was unlucky but my friends that i fixed havnt had any further problems so its just luck of the draw

you can get it done for about £30 at park computers blackburn if its modded or out of warranty

remember if its not modded ring up microsoft they may replace it free of charge.

towel trick is rubbish and often has to be redone repeatedly which warps the board beyond repair eventually

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote